The answers to "how did you do that?". ALL IMAGES ON THIS WEBPAGE ARE COPYRIGHTED ©JOYCE MARIE MARTIN 2012
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Here we are again with a composition of layering three images and using selected parts of each. I started with an image of a garden reflection globe. Making sure of placing it in a spot that got the best background reflection that I wanted. Next to some bushes on the ground for the "framed" look...
Using this image as my main background, I removed the unwanted features (ie...the garden boarder) by using the cloning brush in psp2X. That is the only program I have available at the moment as I am on a barrowed computer till mine is fixed. Using the round selection tool...I selected the ball area (after making a copy of this original) and ran a b/w photo filter on it. Next I did a blur filter with a rotation with the center having being fix. Then select none. Then making a new image of this background that I copied before these two filters were ran I used the clone tool and selected the colored part of the frog head in front that was changed during the round selection tool b/w process and I cloned the color back onto the original background.
The next image was to snap a picture of myself, not easy when holding a D300 at arms length and squeezing the shutter with the thumb of that hand holding the camera. Yes a tripod could have been used...but then the arm would not have been easy to justify for the purpose intended.
Making a transparent layer over the background I cloned my image onto the transparent layer and then selected it using the move tool and resized and turned it to fit into place. I then made that layer into a b/w and added noise. I cleaned up the edges of the image and warped the head and shoulders some to make it look spherical.
Finally on the third image was shot a straight forward shot indoors with a flash. Nothing fancy...but it works. Again I made a third trasparent layer on the original and cloned the hand onto the image. Then using the move tool, I resized and then rotated the hand to the current position. I ran a clarifying filter to define it more and then copied that layer and pasted it on top of the original. I then ran a swirl filter to distort the the hand layer that was between the layer 2 and 4, then faded the layer some to blend in somewhat to look like the surface of the reflection ball has been disturbed.
After a few more touches here and there and an added mask layer to soften the busy background, I merged all layers and saved as a flattened image. This keeps the original picture's exif info in tact.
Monday, August 31, 2009
The following pictures were used to create the fish and speaker composition. All shot in the studio using two side hotlights, the one on the left had a green filter, and no flash strobe.
First shot a speaker....
Then shot a fish bowl half filled with water on a black background fabric with a block wedge under it to prop the fish bowl at an angle. I poured water from a jar into the bowl.
Next comes the fish in the jar to magnify its size...
Using the speaker image I made a tansparent layer and added a stripe mask layer. Then faded it to and removed unwanted lines. Used the smudge tool to soften and blend.
Next I copied and pasted the bowl and water image on top as a new layer. I removed unwanted background and adjusted contrast to match background layer. Using the clone tool, I cloned the fish image above the bowl and a few extra water drops. Moved the layer to be in a position in front of the lower speaker woofer. Used the smudge tool to blend in the highlights on the bowl.
Merged all. Another composition image done the same way only with a different view of the speaker and an additional blurring of the bottom subwoofer....
Monday, July 20, 2009
This image was very simple and fun to do. First a glow in the dark orb (in this case an ordament for the garden) was the perfect subject. Suspending a pole that has a hole at each end, to 2 unused lightstands, I hung the orb. Then I charged the orb. I also used a penlight that had two colors.
The camera set for bulb setting and the following settings: ISO 400, F/5.6, SS bulb held open for 11 seconds, 55mm lens.
With the camera on a tripod and the use of remote release, I held the shutter open while moving the penlight in random movements around the orb. Changing the color of the pen as I went.
Another variation with the orb spinning and Shutter held open for 20 seconds this time.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
In post editing, the drip falling was lightened and then colorized using a change target color brush and the reflection in the mirror was soften for more reflective look.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
This was shot in mono b/w with a Nikon D300, 55mm focal length.
I used a mirror with water on it, in which the marbles were placed on. Then with two hotlights on either side of the table and a SB800 flash to the right of the camera, I placed an aluminum reflector behind the shot so that is what you see in the reflection of the mirror. SS at 1/125 and apreture at f/10.0. Using Paint Shop Pro X2, I cropped and ran a clarrifying filter for more contrasts. Then copied a pasted the image as a new layers. Working on the background layers I ran a mendhi>melt filter. Then on the new raster layer copy I earased any of the background I didn't want leaving the melt to show through.
Friday, June 5, 2009
- A Cruisin' Travel Agency/Photography by Joyce Marie Martin
- Located in Alaska, but reach out to the world! Find me at http://acruisintravel.com http://jagcreations.smugmug.com Check out our facebook pages at http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Cruisin-Travel-Agency/ http://www.facebook.com/pages/JAG-Creations Twitter at http://twitter.com/ACruisinTravel
- ▼ 2009 (8)