The answers to "how did you do that?". ALL IMAGES ON THIS WEBPAGE ARE COPYRIGHTED ©JOYCE MARIE MARTIN 2012

Monday, July 20, 2009

NEON GLOW ORB




This image was very simple and fun to do. First a glow in the dark orb (in this case an ordament for the garden) was the perfect subject. Suspending a pole that has a hole at each end, to 2 unused lightstands, I hung the orb. Then I charged the orb. I also used a penlight that had two colors.

The camera set for bulb setting and the following settings: ISO 400, F/5.6, SS bulb held open for 11 seconds, 55mm lens.

With the camera on a tripod and the use of remote release, I held the shutter open while moving the penlight in random movements around the orb. Changing the color of the pen as I went.

Another variation with the orb spinning and Shutter held open for 20 seconds this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Located in Alaska, but reach out to the world! Find me at http://jagcreations.smugmug.com Check out our facebook pages at http://www.facebook.com/pages/JAG-Creations

Followers